Strawberry Mozzarella Crostini
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Ball Fresh Mozzarella (thinly sliced)
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush the sliced baguette with olive oil. Place on the grill. Grill for 3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter.
- Place the mozzarella slice on each piece of crostini, brush with olive oil and place strawberry slices on top.
- Season with salt and pepper then drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream!
2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
Your choice of mix-ins (berries, chocolate, caramel, mint, cookies, etc.)
Whip cream with mixer or whisk until stiff peaks form. Make sure you use cream straight from the fridge as it will whip faster.
Pour sweetened condensed milk into large bowl and stir in your desired flavorings and mix-ins.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the milk mixture until all combined. You want to keep that creamy light texture, so don’t take out any frustration on it. 😉
Pour into 2 quart freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours.
Serve and enjoy
Five Cheese Chicken Flatbread
4 oz Ricotta Cheese mixed with 2 oz Parmesan Cheese
1 12 inch Flatbread
2 cups Italian 4 cheese blend
2 cups steamed baby spinach
4 oz cooked shredded chicken
1/4 cup roasted mushrooms
salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 425. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over Flatbread. Sprinkle with 4 cheese blend, steamed spinach, chicken, and mushrooms. Finish by seasoning to taste with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bake until heated through. Crust will be lightly browned and cheese melted.
Lazy Chicken Cordon Bleu
4 thin boneless, skinless cutlets, 4 oz each
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon butter
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
2/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 thin slices low sodium deli ham, I use Boar’s Head
4 slices Provolone Cheese
Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Lightly dredge the chicken with flour on both sides, shaking off the excess reserving the flour.
In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon of the reserved flour, whisk until smooth.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and half of the chicken. Cook 2 minutes on each side, until slightly golden, then transfer to a dish. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and remaining chicken and cook 2 minutes on each side. Set aside on a dish with the other pieces of chicken.
Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the chicken broth mixture. Whisk scraping up any bits stuck to the pan then simmer 2 minutes to reduce slightly. Return the chicken to the skillet, top each piece with a slice of ham and a slice of swiss, cover the skillet and simmer medium-low for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese melts.
Serve with baby potatoes or a rice pilaf.
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops
2 ounces cream cheese
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
¾ cup frozen cooked spinach, thawed and squeezed out
6 1-inch thick pork chops
1 cups flour
3 cups panko breadcrumbs
Oil for frying
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF and heat oil in a skillet.
2. Add the cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, salt, and pepper to a bowl and thoroughly combine.
3. Season the top and bottom of the pork chop with salt and pepper, then slice a thin slit down the side of each chop.
4. Stuff each pork chop with an even amount of filling and press the edge to seal it.
5. Dip the chops in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, and back in the egg and breadcrumbs again.
6. Fry the chops until the breadcrumbs are golden brown, then transfer to a baking sheet and bake until the internal temperature reaches between 145ºF and 160ºF. Let rest for 3 minutes.
White Bean Chili with Turkey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable, or chicken broth
- 1 16 oz jar salsa verde
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 pound COOKED ground turkey
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans drained
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat; add oil, and saute zucchini, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in broth, salsa verde, tomatoes, chilies, and spices.
- Bring to boil, then simmer on low for 5 minutes. Add spinach, corn, turkey, and beans; simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
1 package frozen cheese tortellini
8 strips of bacon, chopped
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings.
In same pan, combine cream, cheese, and bacon; heat through over medium heat. Stir in tortellini. Serve immediately.
Carnitas Tacos with Pineapple Salsa and Chili Sauce
For the Pork:
1 tablespoon oil
1 clove garlic 1 orange
1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed Salt and pepper
18 ounces boneless pork loin
OR for a quick weekday dinner use precooked carnitas
1 cup chopped pineapple
1 cup chopped cucumber
½ cup chopped cilantro
½ cup chopped red onion or shallot
a squeeze of lime juice
a pinch of salt
Combine two parts mayo and one part Sriracha (more or less depending on how hot you want it)
For the pork: Place the pork in a slow cooker and top with salt, pepper, shallots, garlic, and jalapeno. Then squeeze the orange over the meat. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high 4 hours.
Once the meat is tender, remove from slow cooker and let cool slightly before using a mixer to pull meat apart. In a large saute pan, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Press the carnitas into the oil and fry until crusty on one side.
Then warm the tortillas quickly in a skillet with a little bit of oil. Arrange the pork on the tortillas and top with the salsa and the chili sauce.
Chicken Alfredo with Ramen Noodles
Stiletto Momma’s Homemade Alfredo Sauce
16 ounces heavy cream
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
2 Ounces cream cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons minced garlic
salt and pepper, to taste
In a saucepan sauté minced garlic. Then add heavy cream, butter and cream cheese. Simmer this until all is melted and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese Simmer this for 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat, just until it thickens enough to coat a spoon. Serve over hot ramen noodles.
Pan sear the chicken in a pan with olive oil. For the ramen cook as directed without seasoning packet.
Nana’s Banana Cookies
2 ¼ cups sifted all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup Crisco shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup mashed bananas
3/4 teaspoons salt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
sugar and cinnamon for topping
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt and set aside.
Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs and bananas until well mixed. By hand, stir in the flour mixture. Batter will be thinner than regular cookie dough, but should be thick enough to hold its shape when you drop it onto a cookie sheet.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Bake at 400° F for about 12 minutes or until they appear lightly browned around the edges. Makes about 3 dozen
1 pack (12) Kings Hawaiian dinner rolls
1½ – 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 rotisserie chicken (about 3 cups worth), shredded
¾ cup Frank’s Hot sauce
½ cup ranch dressing
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Carefully slice the pack of dinner rolls in half, being sure to keep the rolls connected as a single units as they are split into tops and bottoms.
2. Remove the top and place the bottom section in a 9×12 baking dish.
3. Sprinkle the bottom with about 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese (make sure it is evenly coated as this will act as a barrier between the sauce and the bread, preventing the rolls from getting soggy).
4. Top the cheese with the shredded rotisserie chicken. Drizzle the hot sauce and ranch dressing evenly over the chicken and spread out evenly with a spoon. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
5. Place the top half of the rolls on top and brush evenly with melted butter.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the rolls have heated through.
7. Remove from oven, cool slightly before transferring to a cutting board. Using a large knife, follow the lines of the rolls, cutting them into 12 individual sliders.